IELTS or International English Language Testing System is an English language test and its popularity can be ascertained by the fact that the number of IELTS tests taken each year is more than 2.9 million. Taking and clearing an IELTS test is an important step for people residing at Manchester that want to work internationally. Since its a test of English language, you need an English school to estudiar Ingles en Manchester.
To be successful in an IELTS test, the first part is preparation and the second part is giving the test. Many people fail to clear the exam due to lack of knowledge in the above mentioned parts. There are a few key points you need to remember, that may guide and help you in the preparation as well as in the successful completion of the test.
This is the stage in which you study and prepare for the exam. The key points that should be kept in mind are as follows
- Learn the Language – IELTS is a test of English language, so the first thing you should do is to find a teacher or school to learn the nuances of the language.
- Making mistakes is not an issue, but failure to learn from them is a problem – You should not be afraid to make mistakes since its natural to do so while learning a language. Correction of a mistake is important so focusing on quality rather than quantity is the better course of action. You can take your teacher’s help in correction.
- Learning the language and skills should be the focus and simply memorizing the exercises may result in a failure.
- Take time to learn the language and practice various aspects such as essay, paragraphs.
When you take the test, keep the following things in mind to better your prospects of passing the exam.
- Listening Section – In this section, the first step is familiarizing yourself with the situation, sound and the speakers. Focus on the question that’s related to the part you are listening to, you can prepare the next set of questions during the pauses. The questions are normally in an order relative to the order of information in the recording. Always check the spellings and grammar of your answer.
- The Academic Reading section – Read the given passages identify the features like the writing style, topic, writer’s intent, etc. Focus on the example to understand it and to form a basis of your answers. You should answer the question as per the given instructions.
- Academic writing section – Read the instructions and follows them carefully. The suggested timings are mentioned, try to adhere to them. Keep in mind the minimum words for the tasks, for task 1 it is 150 words and for task 2 this limit is a minimum of 250 words. Post completion of the written work allocates sufficient time to check and correct the mistakes.
- Speaking section– This section is designed to test the communication skill of a participant. Stick to the given topic during the session. Focus on the examiner while speaking and avoid giving single word answers like yes or no. Speak clearly at normal speed and use a range of vocabulary and structures to demonstrate your command of the language.
IELTS is a test of language and it’s comparatively easier for a person who knows the English language. So always focus on learning the language rather than practicing the exam questions. A language tutor is a necessity to correct your mistakes and enable you to learn the English language correctly.
Dennis Beard has written this article. For the IELTS exam aspirants in Manchester, the search of an effective language school stops at the Communicate School. Aspirants can estudiar Ingles en Manchester at the Communicate School for study under the tutelage of the best tutors of the language with a focus on the IELTS exams. This family owned language school is known for its focus on the development each student.